Wednesday, October 15, 2008

One thing's for sure, we're all gonna be a lot thinner

Monday night I was at Publix buying some lunch meat and spent some time wondering about “head cheese” (the deli guy was a little slow, and I didn’t know what else to think about). I’ve seen Head Cheese in the meat case before, but seriously, who eats this? How is all that “scrap” meat suspended? Does Publix end up throwing away a lot of head cheese because no one buys it?

Anyways, this post was not to gross you out, but last night I got sucked into watching
Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmerman on the Travel Channel. I don’t ever set out to watch that show, but I usually end up enjoying it even though I wouldn’t eat 95% of what that guy eats. So Andrew went to Ford’s Filling Station (home of renowned chef and Harrison’s son, Ben) and guess what was on the menu??


Head Cheese

I wonder if Frank Stitt put this on the menu, would people rave about it in Birmingham??

I would not . . .

No comments: