Thursday, November 19, 2009

101 Blogs

Have you ever heard of that “101 Goals in 1001 Days” idea??

It’s pretty self-explanatory, but basically you come up with a list of 101 preset tasks you want to complete in a period of 1001 days (about 2.75 years).

Sure, it sounds hokey, but I’ve found I’m a pretty goal/list oriented person. Sometimes I’ll e-mail myself on Friday things I want to accomplish that weekend, so I won’t forget (I also have a running e-mail in my in-box, with the subject “Things I Want to Cook”).

I started to list out my 101 Goals back in the summer, but coming up with 101 Goals is REALLY HARD. Last weekend, when the LOML and I were driving back from AU, we were talking about things we want to accomplish in the future, and I realized I need to finish this 101 Goals list.

I know there are websites/blogs than can help you brainstorm, but right now my list is about 45 items (I guess my 46th goal should be to complete this list) and four of those, I already completed (like I said, I started this in July):

• Buy a Life Insurance Policy
• Clean out the Backyard Shed
• Paint the Shutters (I just replaced them with new ones)
• Pay off Grad School Debt

Anyways, just some TMF’H ramblings. Maybe I’ll post the 101 when I’m through . . . I’m so vain.

No comments: