Friday, April 3, 2009

Wake up, Wake Up, Wake Up, It’s the First of tha Month

You know what I did when I woke up this morning (at 6 am)??

Poached 14 eggs for tonight’s IRON CHEF BRIDGERS/LEE!!!

That’s right; tonight I have the privilege and honour of serving as Sous Chef to Stephen “Big Dog” Bridgers as he takes on his In-laws (Father and Brother) in BATTLE LAMB!! Since we’re only allowed 2 hours to cook, prepping some of the ingredients in advance was allowed. After a quick skim through the Joy of Cooking, I found out you can poach eggs up to 24 hours in advance if you keep them in an ice water bath and gently reheat before serving (probably how most restaurants prepare all those Eggs Benedict for Sunday brunch).

I’ve never cooked with an Organic brown egg before and they kinda remind me of Jurassic Park . . .

Anyways, hopefully someone will be capturing the heat of the battle whilst we’re cooking tonight, and if so, I’ll post the results and pictures next week.

PS - Sorry you have to settle for crummy camera phone picts . . . Didn't have time to break out the DSLR this morning . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Iron Chef Crestwood will need to happen, although I'm pretty sure I will lose. But at least my kitchen will win. We finalized the contract yesterday, so as long as we get a mortgage, we'll be moving into that house with the sweet kitchen.

MIMI said...

I am impressed with this foodie thing~! You sound like a professional - wishing you good luck with those eggs!