Tuesday, February 17, 2009

(Bronson) Arborio Rice

I mentioned last month that I received a gift subscription to Gourmet magazine for my birthday. It's a pretty sweet magazine and this past Sunday, the LOML and I tried out another recipe from the January issue, Pea & Bacon Risotto.

I thought I'd class up this recipe by substituting Pancetta for the Bacon. Doesn't saying "Pancetta" just make you feel classier?

"Ohhhhhh, I had Pancetta-wrapped ____ at the Country Club. It was so luxurious and foodie-riffic. Much healthier than the Bacon Explosion."

Sunday was my first time to cook Risotto and I was impressed with the results (although you literally have to baby sit the rice for 20-25 minutes, adding a little more liquid every couple of minute, stirring, repeat). The finished product was a rich, semi-quick meal, and one we'll definitely try again.

Here's a list of the Top 10 Risotto Recipes from Wikipedia's entry on the subject (although this list seems a bit arbitrary to me)

I think we'll try Butternut Squash in our next Risotto, or maybe I'll try and replicate the Seafood Risotto served at GianMarco's?? Mmmmmm, GianMarco's . . .

No comments: