Thursday, February 19, 2009

Birmingham Rock City (remix)

Ok, so remember when I said yesterday Birmingham had completely lost its mind with all the concert announcements this week??? And remember how last week I was talking about the Thermals and how sweet they were?? And then I kinda referenced the two together??

Yeah . . . today the Thermals announced they’re coming back to Birmingham!!!


Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Who will we find out is coming to Birmingham tomorrow???????

PS – the Hood Internet also dropped a Thermals/Katy Perry mash-up this week. K.P. sounds like a less man-ish Pink to me. I may or may not have listened to this song on repeat today . . .

3 comments:

skemaddox said...

I thought of you when I saw that mashup this week. not one of their best though.

Will said...

always enjoyed the thermals - when we lived on Belvedere in Midtown (Memphis), I couldn't even drag myself to the end of the street to the Hi-Tone to see Hold Steady with the Thermals....I am SO lazy...

A said...

the first (only) time I saw the Thermals play was when they opened for THS 2 years ago. they are so dang catchy, you cant help but look past the "fascist faux-Christian" concept album . . .