Sunday, December 14, 2008

Red Hot Hummus Peppers

A couple weeks ago I realized that Hummus is quite possibly, the easiest appetizer known to man (or just me). You take a bunch of chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans). You put em in the food processor, add a few ingredients, and BAM, you got hummus! Now, I don't get all crazy and add Tahini paste (what else am I gonna use Tahini in??), so Hummus purists, may not approve, but I've made this roasted Red Pepper hummus twice in the last month, and I think its pretty tasty.

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

2 cans Chickpeas (drained, but reserve a little of the liquid)
2 large Roasted Red Peppers (I bought a jar or RRP in olive oil, and I think there were about 3 large ones in the jar)
3 Garlic Cloves
Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)

Combine Chickpeas, RRP, Garlic and Salt/Pepper in food processor. Add a little of the chickpea liquid until you get the right consistency. I also added a little of the RRP olive oil. Serve with fresh pitas or pita chips.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

im going to say this despite the risk of sounding like food snob siblings, whatev. you need the tahini. one time i tried using sesame seeds instead. not the same.