Friday, January 30, 2009

Our CPA Could Be Your Life

Last night I knew it was Busy Season, b/c I told the LOML I would be leaving the office around 8:15 (pm), a client issue blew up, I called her and said I’d give her an update on how late I’d be staying around 9, resolved the issue quicker than anticipated, and then was “excited” that I got to come home “early” (I actually left the office at 9). That’s right kids, come get your Accounting Degree right this way!!

But seriously, working longer hours does make the week go by faster. That, and I was deathly ill Monday/Tuesday and stayed home from work one day this week. How sick was I?? Waking up all throughout the night, and “losing” three and half pounds since Monday, sick. The best part about staying home sick??? I got to watch the Flight of the Conchords DVD my sis gave me for Christmas! (I don’t have HBO, so I don’t know how Season 2 is?? They did get some press on CNN.com this week)

Anyways, sorry to depress and/or gross you out at the same time. Moral of the story . . . not a whole lot of exciting things to blog about this week.

Anything to look forward to on TMFH?? Let’s just say I bought some Pancetta and OXTAILS recently (I ended up having to freeze both) so look for exciting culinary adventures in the not too distant future!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Based on the wikipedia description of an oxtail, I'm not sure how you'll turn it into a culinary masterpiece. Adventure, yes. Masterpiece, not sure. Good luck with that.

embc said...

i'm coming out of the shadows and am officially not blog stalking anymore. we love flight of the conchords and i'm loving all the recipe ideas! who knew you cooked?!?

Will said...

oxtail soup, dude - Irish delicacy!!! done right, not bad...

A said...

i'm really excited about the Oxtail and thinking about using the Lee Bros. recipe from their aforementioned Southern cook book . . . probably gonna be this weekend before i find 4-5 hours in prep time though . . .

you know what else is exciting??? blog stalkers coming out of the shadows!! the more comments the merrier!!